New, small, peaceful, caravan and camping club listed touring site in superb country park location - Anglers Country Park, Haw Park Woods and Waterton Trail. Excellent access to abundance of nature and wildlife. Country Pub (Anglers Retreat) with real ales and log fires 1 minute away! Lakeside Walks, Cafe, Cycle Routes, Bird-watching, Visitors Centre in Country Park and Children's Adventure playground all just minutes away and can be accessed from our own fields! Large rally fields available for exempted organisations.
Email - advance bookings only please - Wintersettlakes@aol.co.uk or 07901 880095
£15 per pitch with electric - £12 pitch only.
Guests arriving by cycle, on foot or by bus with small tents are welcome at the 'eco' rate of £5 per night!
What our guests are saying,many of them coming back to visit us time after time - thankyou!
'The site is a gem' - 'We will definately be back' - 'A short walk through the woodland to the lake and the views are stunning' - 'You are assured of a warm welcome!'
Wintersett Lakes is also very proud on behalf of the Wakefield district to have hosted crews from Practical Morothome Magazine and Website - when they chose us a location for their recent testing of new campervans and motorhomes! Watch out for us in future editions of Practical Motorhome Magazine and see if you can spot our Park in articles on 'youtube' , Quest TV, The Caravan and Motorhome Channel and the Practical Motorhome website!
* Lakeside, Fishing, Sailing, Pennine Trail, and Barnsley Canal all within easy walking distance.
* Term -time and midweek peaceful retreat for adults only.
* Countryside family-orientated environment at weekends and school holidays with plenty of outdoors activities locally.
* Superb year-round location for enjoying this beautiful rural area in all seasons.
* Country Park cafe (open 10am to 5pm every day!) Try Breakfast! No need to cook! (3pm closing in Winter)
* Golf and suberb restaurants at nearby Waterton Hall
* Easy access for travel to Wakefield, Pontefract, Barnsley and many cycle and bridle routes
* Regular bus service in village (2 mins) - you can leave your car behind once on site!
* Generous 16 amp electric hook-ups
* Open 11 months including Xmas and New Year
* Please Bring a torch - we are mindful of light polution (our skies are often suitable for stargazing!)
* Chemical toilet disposal point - site ideally suited to units with their own toilets and showers - serviced portable toilets for short stay tent campers - (no toilet /shower block)
* Cycle Hire now at the adjacent Country Park Visitor Centre £2 per hour between 11.00 am and 2pm. 01924 303980
* 15th - 25th April Easter Crafts at the Country Park Visitors Centre - 01924 303980
* 18th April Egg Decorating 50p at the Anglers Country Park Visitors Centre
* 19th April Willow Weaving at Walton Nature Reserve £5
* 25th April Ryhill Arts Society - work on display by local artists
* 27th April meet at 8am at Anglers Country Park visitors centre - Dawn Chorus Birdsong Walk - 01924 303980
* 5th May - Mad Monday May Day! - Fun activities at the visitors centre
* 26th - 30th May Half Term Crafts at the Visitors Centre
* Wakefield District Cycle Forum has lots of local, organised rides for all abilities and route maps available etc:
* Guided cycle rides on 2nd Saturday (steady) and 2nd Sunday (easy) and 4th Sunday (challenging) every month! Meet 10.15 at the Squires Tea Room.
* Taster rides, the 'Bike Doctor' and free cycle information - Sunday 11th May 11 am - 3pm.
Here is their website address - www.cycling-wakefield.org.uk - give it a go!!!!
Midsummer Hog Roast!!! - Following on from the amazing success of last years event, our head chef Keith will be roasting for us again on Midsummer's Eve - at the Anglers Retreat - Saturday 21st June - food from 6pm with all profits to Help for Heroes! - Fancy Dress Theme - Hawaii /Beach. Games and competitions - (free) no advance tickets this year - £3.50 per roast sandwich - when its gone, its gone! (Hot dogs for children £1)
"Wintersett Lakes" - A Country Park Rural Retreat
To find us follow the brown tourist signs from A638 Wakefield/Doncaster Road - to Anglers Country Park/The Heronry/Waterton Discovery Centre - Come and find out about Wakefield's own Charles Waterton - The First Green Hero!
Postcode: WF4 2EB
Nearby attractions include Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Award -Winning Hepworth Gallery, Yorkshire Mining Museum, Sandal Castle, Nostell Priory, Xscape, Pontefract Castle and much more....please visit experiencewakefield.co.uk (01924 305000) for more information
All profits from events Anglers Retreat / Wintersett Lakes are now being donated to 'Help For Heroes'
( Sorry, no commercial vehicles allowed on site. Due to site configuration no continental-type caravans (door on opposite side) can be accommodated - sorry!)
Wintersett Lakes is Part of Goodwin Farms Limited - a family owned working farm dating back to the Doomsday Book!