New, small, peaceful, Caravan and Camping club listed touring site in superb country park location - Anglers Country Park, Haw Park Woods and Waterton Trail. Open all year! Excellent access to abundance of nature and wildlife. Country Pub (Anglers Retreat) with real ales and log fires 1 minute away! Lakeside Walks, Cafe, Cycle Routes, Bird-watching, Visitors Centre in Country Park and Children's Adventure playground all just minutes away and can be accessed from our own fields! Large rally fields available for exempted organisations.
Email - advance bookings only please - Wintersettlakes@aol.co.uk or 07901 880095
£15 per pitch with electric - £12 pitch only.
Guests arriving by cycle, on foot or by bus with small tents are welcome at the 'eco' rate of £5 per night!
XMAS AND NEW YEAR ! - NOW TAKING BOOKINGS - ADULT ONLY PITCHES
What our guests are saying,many of them coming back to visit us time after time - thankyou!
'The site is a gem' - 'We will definately be back' - 'A short walk through the woodland to the lake and the views are stunning' - 'You are assured of a warm welcome!'
Wintersett Lakes is also very proud on behalf of the Wakefield district to have hosted crews from Practical Motorhome Magazine and Website - when they chose us a location for their recent testing of new campervans and motorhomes! Watch out for us in future editions of Practical Motorhome Magazine and see if you can spot our Park in articles on 'youtube' , Quest TV, The Caravan and Motorhome TV Channel and the Practical Motorhome website! - We also feature in May edition of Motorhome Magazine in an article written by a mystery guest who stayed last year - thanks for the kind words and affirmation of the Wakefield areas beauty and superb countryside.!
* Lakeside, Fishing, Sailing, Pennine Trail, and Barnsley Canal all within easy walking distance.
* Term -time and midweek peaceful retreat for adults only.
* Countryside family-orientated environment at weekends and school holidays with plenty of outdoors activities locally.
* Superb year-round location for enjoying this beautiful rural area in all seasons.
* Country Park cafe (open 10am to 5pm every day!) Try Breakfast! No need to cook! (3pm closing in Winter)
* Golf and suberb restaurants at nearby Waterton Hall
* Easy access for travel to Wakefield, Pontefract, Barnsley and many cycle and bridle routes
* Regular bus service in village (2 mins) - you can leave your car behind once on site!
* Generous 16 amp electric hook-ups
* Please Bring a torch - we are mindful of light polution (our skies are often suitable for stargazing!)
* Chemical toilet disposal point - site ideally suited to units with their own toilets and showers - serviced portable toilets for short stay tent campers - (no toilet /shower block)
What's On at the Country Park Next Door.........
* Cycle Hire now at the adjacent Country Park Visitor Centre £2 per hour between 11.00 am and 2.30pm. 01924 303980
* Weds 27th August - Story Book Woodland from 11am. take part in a storybook quest and meet friends of Peter Pan!
* Friday 29th August - Night Time Bat Safari at 8pm.- 9.30
Don't miss these lovely local award-winning attractions -From 13th June Franz West at the Hepworth. Currently at Yorkshire Sculpture Park Ai Weiwei (Chapel) - also, a visit to the Mining Museum is not to be missed.
* Wakefield District Cycle Forum has lots of local, organised rides for all abilities and route maps available etc:
* Guided cycle rides on 2nd Saturday (steady) and 2nd Sunday (easy) and 4th Sunday (challenging) every month! Meet 10.15 at the Squires Tea Room, Anglers Country Park Visitors Centre, Wintersett.
Here is their website address - www.cycling-wakefield.org.uk - give it a go!!!!
Midsummer Hog Roast!! - A GREAT BIG THANKYOU TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS , DONATORS AND EVERYONE WHO CAME ALONG TO SUPPORT US. THE EVENING RAISED £1200 !ONCE AGAIN A FANTASTIC EFFORT FOR OUR NOW VERY LOCALLY BASED AIR AMBULANCE- THE WEATHER WAS KIND TO US ONCE AGAIN MEANING THAT THE SAND PIT/BEACH GAMES/FUN, GRASS SKIRTS AND FLOWER GARLANDS MADE FOR A FANTASTIC EVENT ENJOYED BY MORE THAN 200 GUESTS!
Thanks to German Short-haired Pointer rescue for kind donation to Wakefield Hospice.
Thanks to Our Triathlon (Pugneys) Guests for kind donation which will raise money for Wakefield Hospice. - Well done!
Watch out for our McMillan Coffee morning in September!
The next big fundraising push will be the haloween / bonfire party on Saturday 1st. November - Proceeds to Wakefield Hospice - come join us!
"Wintersett Lakes" - A Country Park Rural Retreat
To find us follow the brown tourist signs from A638 Wakefield/Doncaster Road - to Anglers Country Park/The Heronry/Waterton Discovery Centre - Come and find out about Wakefield's own Charles Waterton - The Very First Green Hero!
Postcode: WF4 2EB
Nearby attractions include Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Award -Winning Hepworth Gallery, Yorkshire Mining Museum, Sandal Castle, Nostell Priory, Xscape, Pontefract Castle and much more....please visit experiencewakefield.co.uk (01924 305000) for more information
( Sorry, no commercial vehicles allowed on site. Due to site configuration no continental-type caravans (door on opposite side) can be accommodated - sorry!)
Wintersett Lakes is Part of Goodwin Farms Limited - a family owned working farm dating back to the Doomsday Book!