Welcome! - Wintersett Lakes, Wakefield - Small, private Caravan and Camping Park for Camping and Caravanning Club Members - A Place to Enjoy the Peace and Beauty of the Countryside In All Seasons.
New, small, peaceful, Camping and Caravanning club listed touring site in superb country park location - Anglers Country Park, Lake, Haw Park Woods and Waterton Trail. Open all year! Excellent access to abundance of nature and wildlife. Country Pub (Anglers Retreat) with real ales and log fires 1 minute away! Lakeside Walks, Cafe, Cycle Routes, Bird-watching, Visitors Centre in Country Park and Children's Adventure playground. Lakeside can be accessed from our own fields! Large rally fields available for exempted organisations.
Email - advance bookings only please - Wintersettlakes@aol.co.uk or 07901 880095
£15 per pitch with electric - £12 pitch no electric
See us on UK Campsite too - www.ukcampsite.co.uk
Follow two of our guests on their dream journey at Mowhawk Dreamers Adventures.... jacquigem.blog.co.uk
What our guests are saying about us......thankyou so much!
'The site is a gem' - 'We will definately be back' - 'A short walk through the woodland to the lake and the views are stunning' - 'You are assured of a warm welcome!'
Watch out for us on TV ! - We have been chosen as a photoshoot/filming location for Practical Motorhome magazine! -Practical Caravan Magazine has a current w article on the local tourist offer/The famous 'Rhubarb Triangle' - we are in it!
* Lakeside, Fishing, Sailing, Pennine Trail, and Barnsley Canal all within easy walking distance.
* Term -time and midweek peaceful retreat for adults only.
* Countryside family-orientated environment at weekends and school holidays with plenty of outdoors activities locally.
* Superb year-round location for enjoying this beautiful rural area in all seasons.
* Country Park cafe (open 10am to 5pm every day!) Try Breakfast! No need to cook! (3pm closing in Winter)
* Golf and suberb restaurants at nearby Waterton Hall
* Easy access for travel to Wakefield, Pontefract, Barnsley and many walking, cycle and bridle routes
* Regular bus service in village (2 mins) - you can leave your car behind once on site!
* Generous 16 amp electric hook-ups
* Please Bring a torch - we are mindful of light polution (our skies are often suitable for stargazing!)
* Chemical toilet disposal point - site suited to units with their own toilets and showers
What's On at the Country Park Next Door.........everyone welcome to join in.......ring 01924 303980 for more details
Cycle Hire now at the adjacent Country Park Visitor Centre £2 per hour between 11.00 am and 2.30pm. 01924 303980
Room on the Broom! - New Lakeside Adverture Trail Opening 5th March!!!
* Wakefield District Cycle Forum has lots of local, organised rides for all abilities and route maps available etc:
* Guided cycle rides on 2nd Saturday (steady) and 2nd Sunday (easy) and 4th Sunday (challenging) every month! Meet 10.15 at the Squires Tea Room, Anglers Country Park Visitors Centre, Wintersett.
Here is their website address - www.cycling-wakefield.org.uk - give it a go!!!!
Just Announced - Wakefield will be a start point for the new 'Tour De Yorkshire' cycle race 1st - 3rd May 2015 !
Marathon !!!!! 28th June 2015 From Anglers Country Park - come and cheer on the runners or join in!!!!
"Wintersett Lakes" - A Country Park Rural Retreat
To find us follow the brown tourist signs from A638 Wakefield/Doncaster Road - to Anglers Country Park/The Heronry/Waterton Discovery Centre - Come and find out about Wakefield's own Charles Waterton - The Very First Green Hero!
Postcode: WF4 2EB
Nearby attractions include Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Award -Winning Hepworth Gallery, Yorkshire Mining Museum, Sandal Castle, Nostell Priory, Xscape, Pontefract Castle and much more....please visit experiencewakefield.co.uk (01924 305000) for more information
( Sorry, no commercial vehicles allowed on site. Due to site configuration no continental-type caravans (door on opposite side) can be accommodated - sorry!)
Wintersett Lakes is Part of Goodwin Farms Limited - a family owned working farm dating back to the Doomsday Book!