New, small, peaceful, caravan and camping club listed touring site in superb country park location - Anglers Country Park, Haw Park Woods and Waterton Trail. Excellent access to abundance of nature and wildlife. Country Pub (Anglers Retreat) with real ales and log fires 1 minute away! Lakeside Walks, Cafe, Cycle Routes, Bird-watching, Visitors Centre in Country Park and Children's Adventure playground all just minutes away and can be accessed from our own fields! Large rally fields available for exempted organisations.
Email - advance bookings only please - Wintersettlakes@aol.co.uk or 07901 880095
£15 per pitch with electric - £12 pitch only.
Guests arriving by cycle, on foot or by bus with small tents are welcome at the 'eco' rate of £5 per night!
What our guests are saying,many of them coming back to visit us time after time - thankyou!
'The site is a gem' - 'We will definately be back' - 'A short walk through the woodland to the lake and the views are stunning'
Wintersett Lakes is also very proud on behalf of the Wakefield district to have hosted crews from Practical Morothome Magazine and Website - when they chose us a location for their recent testing of new campervans and motorhomes! Watch out for us in a future edition of Practical Motorhome Magazine and see if you can spot our Park in articles on 'youtube' and the Practical Motorhome website!
* Lakeside, Fishing, Sailing, Pennine Trail, and Barnsley Canal all within easy walking distance.
* Term -time and midweek peaceful retreat for adults only.
* Countryside family-orientated environment at weekends and school holidays with plenty of outdoors activities locally.
* Superb year-round location for enjoying this beautiful rural area in all seasons.
* Country Park cafe (open 10am to 5pm every day!) Try Breakfast! No need to cook! (3pm closing in Winter)
* Golf and suberb restaurants at nearby Waterton Hall
* Easy access for travel to Wakefield, Pontefract, Barnsley and many cycle and bridle routes
* Regular bus service in village (2 mins) - you can leave your car behind once on site!
* Generous 16 amp electric hook-ups
* Open 11 months including Xmas and New Year
* Chemical toilet disposal point - site ideally suited to units with their own toilets and showers - serviced portable toilets for short stay tent campers - (no toilet block)
* Cycle Hire now at the Country Park £2 per hour between 10.30 and 2pm. Phone the visitor centre on 01924 303980
* Wealth of outdoor activities easily accessible to guests with organised walks/talks/wildlife events/crafts and cycle rides
* Wintersett Lakes also hosts a liimited number of charity fundraisers in conjunction with Anglers Retreat - and driven by our generous guests and fabulous patrons of the pub - please come along and support these worthwhile causes. (NB on these dates the Park may be busier than usual but we will alert you at time of bookng!)
News: On Saturday 22nd March there will be 2 live bands at the Crofton Community Centre just a couple of miles away in the next village- from 6pm. Bands on early! - (You can get the very regular bus service from the village here). 'The Small Fakers' a truely excellent tribute band and 'Substitute' - also Al Leeming and DJ - ideal for us people of a 'certain age' to revisit our Mod, 60's, Soul and Ska years!!!! - tickets £10 from promotor Dave Pell (01924 864935) or from us. Well worth a trip to Wakefield!!!
"Wintersett Lakes" - A Country Park Rural Retreat
Wakefield MDC are currently considering our planning consent - which has had to be submitted in new formats with references 13/03248/FUL, 13/03252/FUL and 13/03247/FUL. Comments and letters of support can be submitted via the Wakeifeld MDC planning portal or by post to Ian Thomson, Service Director, Planning, WMDC, Burton Street, Wakefield WF1 2EB or by email firstname.lastname@example.org - sincere thanks to our guests for your kind letters, emails and words and even lovely gifts!- Gary, Jackie and Goodwin Farms
Rally guests are unaffected by the planning issues as exempted organisations - dates available and through 2014.
To find us follow the brown tourist signs from A638 Wakefield/Doncaster Road - to Anglers Country Park/The Heronry/Waterton Discovery Centre - Come and find out about Wakefield's own Charles Waterton - The First Green Hero!
Postcode: WF4 2EB
Nearby attractions include Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Award -Winning Hepworth Gallery, Yorkshire Mining Museum, Sandal Castle, Nostell Priory, Xscape, Pontefract Castle and much more....please visit experiencewakefield.co.uk (01924 305000) for more information
Whats On at the Country Park next door! :- Booking required for some events please ask on 01924 303980
The Barefoot Squire - (Charles Waterton) Sunday 16th March 2014 11am-3pm.
Cycle Treasure Hunt Sunday 30th March 2014 anytime between 10.30 and 2pm.
All profits from events Anglers Retreat / Wintersett Lakes are now being donated to 'Help For Heroes'
( Sorry, no commercial vehicles allowed on site. Due to site configuration no continental-type caravans (door on opposite side) can be accommodated - sorry!)
Wintersett Lakes is Part of Goodwin Farms Limited - a family owned working farm dating back to the Doomsday Book!