Welcome! - Wintersett Lakes, Wakefield - Small, private Caravan and Camping Park for Camping and Caravanning Club Members - A Place to Enjoy the Peace and Beauty of the Countryside In All Seasons.
New, small, peaceful, Camping and Caravanning club listed touring site in superb country park location - Anglers Country Park, Lake, Haw Park Woods and Waterton Trail. Open all year. Excellent access to abundance of nature and wildlife. Country Pub (Anglers Retreat) with real ales and log fires 1 minute away! Lakeside Walks, Cafe, Cycle Routes, Bird-watching, Fishing, Sailing and more on the doorstep. Visitors Centre in Country Park and Children's playground. Lakeside can be accessed from our own fields.
Within easy commute to many cultural attractions including Wakefield Theatre, The Yorkshire Sculpture Park, The Hepworth Gallery, The Mining Museum, Xscape Castleford, Pontefract Castle Nostell Priory and much more........www.experiencewakefield.co.uk 01924 305000
What our guests are saying about us:
'The site is a gem' 'A short walk through the woodland to the lake and the views are stunning' 'You are assured of a warm welcome'
1st - 3rd May A Very special weekend for Wakefield and Yorkshire - Tour De Yorkshire!!!
Wintersett Lakes is going Blue and Yellow for the Tour De Yorkshire!!! www.letour.yorkshire.com
Wakefield to Leeds Section Sunday 3rd May - You can cycle, walk or catch a bus from Wintersett Lakes to Wakefield vantage points / noon ceremonial start in Wakefield. Weekend tent campers welcome - Lots of activities planned locally - plenty to do and see all weekend!
Your Chance to Cheer on Sir Bradley
Email - advance bookings only please - Wintersettlakes@aol.co.uk or 07901 880095
Caravan/Motorhome rates - £17 per pitch with electric - £15 pitch no electric RAINBOWS END
See us on UK Campsite too - www.ukcampsite.co.uk
Watch out for us on TV ! - We have been chosen as a photoshoot/filming location for Practical Motorhome magazine.
Evening By The Lake
* Lakeside, Fishing, Sailing, Woodland, Pennine Trail, and Barnsley Canal all within easy walking distance.
* Term -time and midweek peaceful retreat for adults only.
* Countryside family-orientated environment at weekends and school holidays with plenty of countryside-themed activities locally.
* Superb year-round location for enjoying this beautiful rural area. Doesn't have to be summer!
* Golf and suberb restaurants at nearby Waterton Hall
* Regular bus service in village (2 mins) - you can leave your car behind once on site.
* Electric hook-ups
* Please Bring a torch - we are mindful of light polution (our skies are often suitable for stargazing)
* Chemical toilet disposal point - site suited to units with their own toilets and showers
THE ANGLERS RETREAT, GOOD BEER AND GOOD COMPANY (Think Last of The Summer Wine!) Warm Welcome Guaranteed - you and your dog!
What's On at the Country Park Next Door.........everyone welcome to join in.......ring 01924 303980 for more details
Cycle Hire now at the adjacent Country Park Visitor Centre £2 per hour between 11.00 am and 2.30pm. 01924 303980
Room on the Broom! - New Lakeside Adverture Trail - call for your activity pack in the visitors centre.
Visitors centre open 11am to 4pm. Tuesday to Sunday. Open Bank Holiday Mondays.
10.15 first Sunday each month - entry level cycle ride with Wakefield Cycle Forum!
Monday 4th May - Room on the Broom Day! 10am to 4pm. Games, activities and woodland crafts
Saturday 23rd - Monday 25th May 'Waterton's Triumphs'
Tuesday 26th May to Friday 29th May 'Waterton's Crazy Creations'
Wednesday 27th May 'The Squire and The Nightingale' and lots and lots more................
* Wakefield District Cycle Forum has lots of local, organised rides for all abilities and route maps available etc:
* Guided cycle rides on 1st Sunday entry level, 2nd Saturday (steady) and 2nd Sunday (easy) and 4th Sunday (challenging) every month! Meet 10.15 at the Squires Tea Room, Anglers Country Park Visitors Centre, Wintersett.
Here is their website address - www.cycling-wakefield.org.uk - give it a go!!!!
Marathon !!!!! 28th June 2015 From Anglers Country Park - come and cheer on the runners or join in!!!!
"Wintersett Lakes" - A Country Park Rural Retreat
To find us follow the brown tourist signs from A638 Wakefield/Doncaster Road - to Anglers Country Park/The Heronry/Waterton Discovery Centre - Come and find out about Wakefield's own Charles Waterton - The Very First Green Hero!
Postcode: WF4 2EB
Nearby attractions include Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Award -Winning Hepworth Gallery, Yorkshire Mining Museum, Sandal Castle, Nostell Priory, Xscape, Pontefract Castle and much more....please visit experiencewakefield.co.uk (01924 305000) for more information
( Sorry, no commercial vehicles allowed on site. Due to site configuration no continental-type caravans (door on opposite side) can be accommodated - sorry!)
Wintersett Lakes is Part of Goodwin Farms Limited - a family owned working farm dating back to the Doomsday Book!